Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Chicken with Avocado SalsaWow, look at that! We've reached the last, and no doubt, one of the best month of the year! Are you excited about Christmas and New Year, yet? I know I am, and I couldn't wait to be decorating for Christmas!
I am going to kick off December with an interestingly colourful and dish: chicken and avocado salsa, by Martha Stewart.
This is a very refreshing dish: the tangy lime, the luscious avocado and pungent onion complemented the otherwise dry and bland chicken breast nicely. I've used a generous helping Korean red pepper powder in place of the cayenne pepper, and the resultant vibrant red colour is very visually pleasing. The taste was wonderful as well, though I would prefer a different cut of more succulent meat.
Chicken with Avocado Salsa
by Martha Stewart
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa.
Totally love the vibrant colour of this dish! This dish will go well with tortilla and a dollop of sour cream, though I had mine with rice, and it was pretty good as well.
Welcome to lilnut.net! I am proud to announce that, in this wonderful month of December, Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids , Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out and me, Riceball from lilnut.net will be co-hosting Cook Like Star December 2012. This month's celebrity of choice is - Martha Stewart!
I am sure most of us knows Martha Stewart. A successful multi-talented personality, Martha not only cooks, but is also an entertaining and home decorating guru, Coincidentally, its December, the month of celebration right now! I am sure Martha is taking Christmas by the storm with sumptuous food, Christmas decorations and festive entertaining ideas! Let our celebrations of Christmas and New Year Eve be filled with Martha's delicious recipes (and decorating ideas!). Join us in our blog hop and let the fun begins!
To blog hop with us, simply make sure that:
(1) Your post must be a current post.
(2) Please mention Cook like a Star in your post and link back to Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out and Riceball from Riceball Eats @ lilnut.net.
Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday!