Roast chicken is one of the simplest way to cook and enjoy chicken. Ever since I invested in a convection oven, I've been doing some simple roast chicken thigh for dinner. The beauty of this dish is that, I can roast the whole bird or choose to just roast parts of chicken, depending on how many people I am cooking for.
I absolutely love a good meal of roast chicken. With minimal ingredients and convenient cooking methods, I can roast a chicken, whip up a salad and call it a dinner.
My roasted chicken thigh with grilled tomato slices in dribbles of mustard.
For the sake of simplicity whatever I have in the kitchen, I slathered/peppered/rubbed onto the kitchen in moderate amount.
Dressing: Rub all over the chicken with:
freshly grounded black pepper, McCormick Montreal Steak seasonings, extra virgin olive oil
honey and HP sauce
Preheat: 350F/176C, last 10-15 minutes 450F/230C
- Clean chicken under running water. Pat dry.
- Season the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Pop into preheat oven.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, increase temperature.
- Baste chicken, add in the veggies.
- Roast until skin is golden brown.
- Remove, serve with side dishes.