Cooking for one person could be quite daunting, but since eating out is equally unfeasible, every now and then I try to cook some simple meals that requires only minimal preparation time and ingredients. This one dish meal is both time saving and satisfying with both meat and vegetables in one dish.
Beef and Asparagus with Rice
150g beef, sliced thinly
1 bunch of asparagus, trim and cut into one inch lengthwise
1 medium sized yellow onion, cut in strips
1-2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt, grounded white and black pepper, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and cornflour
- Marinate the beef with salt, grounded white and black pepper, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and cornflour.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the wok, or pan, depending on which one you use.
- When the oil is hot enough, add in the onions and stir. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the marinated beef slices and stir fry with high heat for a minute.
- Add in the asparagus and stir fry together for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the beef and asparagus are cooked. Add some water if the dish is too dry.
- Dish up and serve with rice.